Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Introducing Thomas Kyle Soter!!!

I have been meaning to post on my sweet little Thomas for a long time, but it's been kind of bitter-sweet for me. Thomas Kyle Soter was born on December 1st at 8:31 in the evening. He weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 19 inches long. He is now 2 weeks old and has since gained a good deal. He is definitely a fan of meal time. He is the sweetest little blessing in our home and we love him so much. He is definitely our sweet in the midst of some bitter. The morning that Thomas was born my sweet dad passed away after a 6 1/2 year fight with kidney disease and dialysis and finally a painful fight with bone cancer. I loved him so much and he is so very missed. December 1st will always be a tender day for me. My sweet Thomas was sent to us brand new by my dad who was able to be there to send him down. I feel very grateful for this tender experience.
This was me and my dad on my wedding day. This will forever be a treasured picture for me. I miss him.

This is me the day before I went to have Thomas. Maybe you're thinking that I don't look too big (or maybe you're not), but I can tell you that this picture perhaps does not do my belly justice.


Thomas and his proud daddy. So cute!

Here we are with our sweet new little Thomas.

Matthew was completely in heaven holding Thomas for the first time. He's been asking to hold "the baby brudder" for 2 months now and this was his magic moment!!!

What a handsome little man with his handsome little brother. It's crazy to think that Nicholas is the biggest brother of 4! Good grief, I have 4 kids!!!

The kids loved coming to visit Thomas. As you can see Katie was a little curious/unsure about the whole situation.

15 comments:

The Allen's said...

yay for your cute pictures! I think you have the cutest kids. you looked fantastic to me that day before birthing. love you. Love thomas already.

Stan and Jamie said...

I was so sorry to hear about your dad, I hope you are doing well!! Your new little guy is too cute and his name is great! I love all the pictures of the kids holding him...and I'm wondering what Katie thinks of it all! You are giving me a peek into having 4 so I'm taking notes :) I hope you're doing well and feeling good! I'll talk to you later!

Brittanie said...

Well. It's about time!!! =) Just kidding!! He is SOOOOOOOOOO cute! I'm dying that I can't hold him! What a wonderful little blessing to receive on a day that could have been just plain bad. Now it's always going to be a happy day instead. I love you M&M!!

Bjarnson Family said...

Congrats on the new member of the family he is so cute. I am sorry to hear about your dad but like you said he was there to send this sweet spirit to you. Just think how excited your dad was to meet his beautiful grandson in heaven. If you need anything please let us know.

Jenifer said...

What a sweet little angel

Jenifer said...

I didn't get to finish my comment. he he. computers! Anyways, Congrats on the sweet little boy. I have been thinking about you guys a lot. I can't wait to meet little Thomas. By the way, Simon totally approves of the name. ;o) And, you look really good in the hospital picture. Let me know if you need anything.

Amy said...

Yea!! I'm so glad I got to talk to you the other day. I'm so glad to see pics of little T and he's so cute. I hope the funeral went well, etc. and that you are surviving with 4 kiddos. Dan and Steve talked the other day and you and I are supposed to coordinate a hang out (if you're up for it). At least we can see you guys for a sec when you get back from UT. I'll call you.

KatieGirl said...

Mandi, I'm so sorry to hear about your Daddy, but I am grateful you is a bitter/sweet day! Bless you and your heart! Thomas seems like a great kid! I am SOoooo happy for you! I am due any minute now really with our 3rd boy! Thanks for being my inspiration! You have such a cute family!!!

The Wallin's said...

Congratulations! You look gorgeous, you are way too cute to have 4 kids! I'm so sorry about your dad. What a bitter/sweet time this must be for you. If there is anything I can do for you let me know. I'm glad everything went well for you and the baby. Your family is so cute! Number 4, way to go!!

ashley b said...

what a doll he is mandi. Congratulations! i love that picture from your wedding. i really missed seeing him look so healthy. i sure do miss him. love you!

Andrea said...

Hooray!!!!! He is so beautiful! All your babies are. I have been anxiously awaiting these pictures, and they don't disapoint...also you do NOT look 9 months pregnant in that picture... Even if, as you said, the picture doesn't do justice. I should be so lucky by the time I have number 4. :) I love that picture of you and you sweet Dad. I was sad to hear it when Uncle Trent passed away. I'm sure it was a time of mixed emotions for you as it was the same day your little Thomas was born. I can't even begin to imagine! Thank goodness for the plan of salvation, and for testimonies. Know that I love you to death forever, and I'm thinking about you and your family. Cory and I want to wish you guys a very Merry Christmas, and all the joy in the world.

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Mandi I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, I remember back in the El Dorado ward you use to tell me how he was on Dialysis and had some kidney problems. What a bitter sweet day for you. What a blessing that while one spirit returns to heaven, another is sent down. Your new little one is an absolute DOLL! I hope you guys are doing well, your family is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mandi I am so sorry about your dad. Your parents always seemed like such sweet people, they would have to be to raise a wonderful person like you. Your son is a special blessing, and you are a great mother. I really want to do something for you since I have slacked and not seen you in like, um, years! I'm gonna call you ASAP.

Ell_Dunn said...

sorry to hear that about your dad but your new son thomas looks really cute and to have 2 big brothers and sister

♥ Natalie said...

Many changes in your life! What a sweet new additiion to your family. Hope you are feeling good!