Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Here's to November

I found this picture at the last minute and I just love it. This is me and my dad.
Here we are in the months of October/November. This is the happiest time of year. I don't know about you, but I am way in the thick of Christmas music and if I don't get my Christmas decorations up tonight, it will be happening tomorrow night. I am not usually this punctual with Christmas stuff, but since I will have a newborn and who knows how that's gonna be I thought I would get a good head start. I am not officially 2 weeks and 3 days away from my due date. Sorry about no prego pics yet, but they will come. I just realized today that my camera is not working, which could have something to do with Matthew dropping it yesterday. Bummer! I am determined to get at least one good prego shot (since it's definitely a sight to behold) and when I do it will get posted for sure! Happy Thanksgiving/Christmas!!!

Nicholas's school has an annual fall picnic for the families. We got to go meet with Nicholas and even eat at the cafeteria. Matthew was pretty excited about that. Nicholas loved having us at his school to show off everything. It was good fun!

Here's my little giraffe.

Here are the kids getting ready to do some serious trick or treating. Poor Katie was having a hard time keeping her costume out of her face, but she was one cute giraffe.

This is Spider Man with his cousin Brookie getting ready to go trick or treating. Is that not the sweetest pose ever! (It's actually just Nicholas).

I couldn't resist putting this picture in with her Oh so Cheezy smile. Gotta love it!!!

FHE during the month of October is always fun. This was our pumpkin carving night. As you can see Katie is in bed as usual. We missed her, but sleep is better for tiny girls. The boys had fun (despite the look on Nicholas's face).

Daddy and Maff with his SCARY pumpkin!

Nickelby and his SCARY pumpkin!

It was a creepy night. The boys were feeling in the mood to be a little creepy with their face making. I was pretty impressed.

Aaah!!! Don't worry, as scary as this picture may be, it's only my 5-yr old Nickelby.

Here are the kids just before the trunk or treat. So fun!

I didn't have a costume for Katie yet and my brother invited us to his trunk or treat so Katie got to be a little farmer girl. I thought the whole look turned out mighty cute. I love the freckles!

Here's us with our finished annual ghost house FHE. Once again Katie didn't make it staying up this late so we have left her out. Poor little thing. We still love her though! Luckily my mom was staying with us so we had help with the picture.

We did it! The house looks great! Fancy faces if ever there were fancy faces to be seen.

The boys very intent on the positioning of the candy. Doing great boys!
Nicholas figured that there was probably too much candy for the house to handle so he thought he would make things easier for the poor house by eating some (a lot) of it.

Matthew was especially helpful is making the house as you can see.

Could these boys be any goofier or CUTER for that matter! They busted these poses all by themselves.

That is one handsome little man! His next goal is to be a photographer. I am always finding him with the camera and he either wants to take pictures of me or have me to pictures of him. What a guy!
Katie cozying up with her Halloween bat from Grandma Soter.

Here's my sweet little big girl Katie. Hot stuff!!!

This is a picture of my kids with their Grandpa Burke. This picture is especially tender to me because as most of you know my dad has very bad health. My kids think that Grandpa Burke is wonderful and it cheers him so much to have his grandkids around. We just wish we lived closer. I would love to be around him more with my kids.


Here's Katie getting loves from Grandpa Burke. She loves him so much and as you can see the feelings are mutual. So sweet!


This may look just like a typical spray bottle, but oh no. Not so at our house. Katie and Matthew and Nicholas all think that this is a water bottle. What luck for me when they need a drink and turn to the bottle instead of their mom every now and again. (well doesn't that last phrase sound just wonderful. We are not talking alcohol!)

I guess if you don't know what I looked like when I was a baby this doesn't mean much to you, but I have a picture of me, in this very nightgown, with curly hair looking like her twin. Katie is definitely my child and what a lucky mommy I am!!!
Grandma & Grandpa Soter came for General Conference weekend and we had so much fun! The kids love them so much! We love it when they come to visit. We get to go visit them in December for Christmas. Yeah!

8 comments:

Brittanie said...

I LOVE all the pictures! Especially the ones with your dad. They made me tear up. Steve's mom went blonde! Lookin' good! Kiss those kids for me! I can't stand how cute they are and I LOVE Katie's pigtails! I love you!

Stan and Jamie said...

All the pictures are great! I saw your cute little prego self in the parking lot today at Franklin, I can't believe you're so close!! Good luck with everything! (Especially getting your Christmas decorations up!)

The Allen's said...

I am pretty sure your kids are the cutest things in the world. Can't wait for your new little man to make his grand appearance. You look awesome of course and next year I am copying all your f.h.e. ideas. I meant to this year but October escaped me so next year it is.

The Richins Family said...

mandi, you posted! i love all the new updates with pictures. katie is SO cute. i lover her curls. she seems like a happy baby, how nice.
my kids do the same thing with a water bottle. i thought i was the only one who had kids that did this, good to know i am not. :) i too am loving the christmas music too. my neighbor has halloween blood stuck on their window from halloween and now has their christmas decorations and lights up with that blood. so tacky. i don't know why but it bothers me everytime i see their house.

Jenifer said...

Hey, I just randomly found your blog tonight! Woo Hoo! Great Pictures. Katie looks so much like you! I love the picture with her pigtails and freckles! So Cute. Have you and your hubby picked a name for the baby yet?

Amy said...

I was so glad for a new post. This was a good one with so many great pics. Your kids really are adorable. Katie's looking so big with tons of hair. Do you think we'll ever quit playing phone tag?? I want to tell you about the dream I had of your new baby.

Andrea said...

Oh, I just love your family! I've been thinking about you a lot lately, wondering how you are doing...how things are with your dad...how your pregnancy is going...and just missing your guts! Your little girl is so beautiful! And your little guys are such handsome little devils. You guys make such beautiful kids!

ashley b said...

I love you too Mandi. I'm so glad you're little guy is here! I miss Grandpa so much too but I'm happy for him. It's a hard thing. We will see you this weekend. Drive safe!