Friday, August 22, 2008

Monthly Update on Us

This is my adorable little "big boy" Nicholas on his first day of kindergarten. I feel a little disappointed to say that I never got to cry, but he was feeling a little nervous about his big day and I didn't want to wreck his confidence by sobbing. What a handsome little man he is. I can't believe he's so big. It hurts my heart, but he is doing a great job in school. I just love this boy!
This is the boys walking to Nicholas's big day. Matthew was pretty sure that it was also his first day and so he had to wear his backpack. Imagine his disappointment when he had to go home. Poor little buddy. His day will come next year.

Being at his desk made Nicholas feel much more comfortable. Isn't he just the cutest little person ever!
On our way home from Utah we got to spend the weekend with Steve's family on a houseboat at Lake Powell. They go every year and this year their week happened to be right when Nicholas started kindergarten. As you can see we definitely made the most of our short time there and we had so much fun!!!

Katie on her first big swim. She wasn't sure about the water at first, but got the hang of it pretty quick and thought it was great!

After we borrowed this tube from Matthew's cousin Matthew totally took to the water like a fish. He loved it and he kept yelling at the top of his lungs (literally) "Hey guys look at me! I can swim by myself!!!" It was a proud moment.

Matthew swimming with Daddy. It was his first big attempt at being in the "Big Water".

Katie took charge and decided that she knew were we needed to go.

Cute Katie getting ready to do what she does best...EAT!!!

The kids loved the trampoline, but some of the smaller ones (aka Matthew) got a little stressed at times.

Nicholas and Matthew got really brave in the water on this trip. They were swimming by themselves all over the place. It was great!

Nicholas (see what I mean, he had just gotten off the ski boat ride and his hair was fancy!) getting ready to hop in the lake.

Steve and the boys took the chance to fish off the back of the houseboat. It was a dirty fish, but the boys thought it was awesome!

Papa Soter took the kids for a ride on the ski boat, which was a favorite. They came back quite wind tossed and so happy.

Katie at sunset with fancy hair.

Steve and Nicholas got to go fishing when we went with Steve's family to Provo Canyon for an FHE. This has become quite the hobby for these two.
As you can see they were feeling ever so proud of themselves for braving this mountain. It was beautiful up there.

This is Katie and her cutest little cousin Maggie playing in the sand box.

Nicholas and Matthew wanted to explore the river for fish so they were on their way out to climb the rocks. Matthew was a little bit more nervous than Nicholas.

This is the boys and their super fun cousins playing at the pool. It was the best pool ever because it wasn't deep, there was no connection to the big pool and they had a kiddie water slide that Matthew was totally a fan of. All I had to do was watch. Awesome!



















8 comments:

Stan and Jamie said...

Wow, that trip looks like it was a lot of fun! I've always wanted to go to Lake Powell, but I've thought it would not be that fun on a houseboat with little kids...but you guys make it look do-able! ;) isn't it still so strange that our little guys are in kindergarten? But I'm glad that Kyler has Nicholas to sit by!

Amy said...

What a fun month you've had! I LOVE Lake Powell, though I haven't been in 15 years. Nicholas looked soooo big on his first day of school! I bet he loves school. So fun!

Jamison, Monica, Trenton, and Maylee Butler said...

What adorable kids you have! sounds like fun at the lake, id say im slightly jealous

Bethany and Cameron said...

Such cute pics...and I LOVE your term "fancy hair"--I can just hear you saying it!:)

Brittanie said...

I really don't think that they can get any cuter!! Seriously. I want to eat them they are so cute!! Nicholas looks like such a little stud on his first day of school!! I keep trying to get Nathan to take the girls fishing but so far it's been a no go. Maybe that's because Nathan doesn't know how and we don't have the gear - but I think it would be so fun!! Well - love ya!!

Fullerton Family said...

Wow, looks like you guys have had a fabulous month! I can't your little guy is in Kindergarten! All of your kids are just too cute! Love you!

Andrea said...

Thanks for the update! Your kids are too cute for words. They could make a killing as child models.;) Oh yeah, and I can't believe YOU have a child that's old enough to start school. That's just crazy. I'm excited to find out what I' having...probably the middle of next week, and I'll be sure to post on our blog as soon as I find out. The wait is killing me...

Kellianne said...

Mandi, Nicholas is so big! How fun for him to start school! Kenzie still asks to see him on occasion...we're going to have to get them together. It's fun to see that you guys are doing so well. It looks like you had fun at the lake. If you're ever up our direction, don't hesitate to stop by! We miss you!