Thursday, October 28, 2010

Making Up For Lost Time

Here's Lizzie all beautified up for church. She has so much hair that I was able to put a metal clip in her hair and it stayed! I love this sweet little dolly girl!
Here are my big boys on the first day of school. They were all set with their new backpacks (thanks Grandma!) and their new Sketchers (a must have for a 2nd grader apparently). Matthew went to kindergarten like a champ and Nicholas is a seasoned veteran. I can't believe I have 2 kids in school!

Matthew and his little sister. She looks a little more unsure than he does.

Nicholas being a sweet big brother.

Grandma and Papa Soter. This is Papa and Lizzie's first time meeting. (Papa's beard is due to the fact that he played part of the angry mob in the new Joseph Smith movie. You'll have to watch for him!)

Sweet little Lizzie in her sweet little swimming suit.

Thomas has a super sweet swim suit wouldn't you say? This thing has cracked me up ever since I put it on Nicholas for the first time. It still doesn't disappoint.

Nicholas finally lost his first tooth. He was a little worried that he would never lose his teeth since all of his other friends had already lost a tooth or two. He has since lost another so we are on the right track.

How the heck did he stick his little body here? I surely don't know, but before rescuing him I had to get a picture. This is a blessed boy.
Katie loves to feed Lizzie. It doesn't always make it all the way in Lizzie's mouth, but this is great bonding time.

Thomas's fancy slick willy hairdo had to be added.
Steve, being the super awesome daddy that he is, decided to take the older three kids camping on an overnighter. They had a fabulous time! It was Katie's first time being invited and she loved it (due to her age)!

More fun camping photos.


A few weekends ago we decided to go out on a hike. This is everyone (minus me and Lizzie) getting ready to go.

Our hike into the jungle.

Lizzie didn't last long on our wilderness adventure.


We finally decided that we couldn't take the sea foam green our kitchen was any longer, so we painted. I think it turned out rather nice. Another part of our kitchen.

This is the final product of our pumpkin carving night. The boys did a scary and the girls did a goofy.

She is so close to playing with her feet! That is my favorite!

Thomas's (and everyone else's) favorite thing to do outside.

This is Lizzie most of the time nowadays. She is the smiliest, giggliest baby!

Katie shoe of choice these days.

My best friend Britt with my best little Katie girl. They came for a fun visit over Labor Day (or was it Memorial Day) weekend.

My sweet little dolly all ready for church.

Thomas loves his little sissy. So much so that I cannot for any reason leave her alone while she is awake because he will find her no matter where I hide her. Cute, but exhausting!

This is cute Lizzie in her hiked up britches. I have to keep the camera out of sight until I take the picture or she gets this confused look on her face. It's a cute look though.

This is the blanket that I "scored" for Nicholas's bed. My moms were anxious to see it, so here it is! Isn't is so cute!?

Thomas thought he was funny to plug his ears and so I thought it was funny to take his picture.
Our yearly spooky gingerbread haunted house.

7 comments:

Brittanie said...

Yay - I love all the pictures! Your kitchen looks fabulous. =) And I love the quilt you "scored"! Hahahaha! *nudge, nudge*
Kes was looking at the pictures and giving me a play by play of who everyone was. She just said "we haven't seen them for a lot of days". Time for our next get together! Thanksgiving, here we come! Luckily, we get a bit of kid-free time before then! I can't wait! Love you!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh - can you guys get any cuter?! I love your house, I love your precious kiddos, and all those cute smiles are to die for! Hope you're enjoying your time there!

ashley b said...

i am such a loser niece! things have been crazy here and i never called you back...worst part, i totally forgot about it! the boys and i are definitely going to make a trip to dallas to see you guys so i will give you a call soon! love you all and love all the pictures! your fam is so precious!

Kisha Atkin said...

I just love Thomas' swimsuit and hat with the curls hanging out!! What a stud muffin! I think of you guys all the time and what you may be doing at the very moment I think you...One of these days we will get together! Really, we will!I loved seeing Britt in one of the pictures. Ah, memories. I still have the picture of us "wetting out pants" with laughter outside the cafeteria :) I also must say how awesome it was that your hubby took the kiddos camping AND took pictures too! What a guy! I sure wish we had somewhere to hike and camp around these parts...James would be in heaven! Well take care my friend. Loved the pictures! Have a fabulous day!

Amy said...

I'm so happy to see a new post. You have soooo many great pics on here. It looks like you guys are doing well and managing just great with five kids! I think Lizzie is adorable and that she looks like Thomas. I still wish we were near each other, mostly as this baby's about to come, so you can calm my nerves. We miss you guys!

Andre Delage said...

Great smile...beautiful to see....God bless

Term Papers said...

I am really amazed. Today I spent a lot of my spare time trying to find something interesting on this topic. Finally I found your site. Thanks for that!I'm so happy to see a new post. You have soooo many great pics on here. It looks like you guys are doing well and managing just great with five kids! I think Lizzie is adorable and that she looks like Thomas.