Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What the Soter's have been up to this month.

I don't know that anyone can love Thomas anymore than this little, big brother. Matthew doesn't really understand (at all) the meaning of the word soft, but he loves Thomas something fierce. When Thomas wakes up I try to sneak into his room to get a second to love on him by myself, but without fail Matthew hears me everytime and comes racing in "I want to kiss Thomas's head and say hi!" What a lucky little boy Thomas is to have such great brothers to look up to (and the sweetest big sister that ever there was).
This little boy is a reading machine! As a goal for school his teacher wants her students to have read 100 books by the end of the year. We got a bit of a late start, but Nicholas is totally into it and really wants to make the goal (not to mention he gets a "prize" that mommy and daddy have yet to come up with). He has read at least 40 books in just over 2 weeks. I'm tellin' ya, he's amazing! Just 28 more to go!

Katie and her pretty dress that I totally scored after Easter at Target. Gracious do I love their clearance!

Mr. Thomas and his friend, Mr. Worm

This picture is so completely adorable to me. My squeezy little adorable, buggy-eyed boy!

My boys after an Easter egg hunt at my brothers house. This picture had to be put in. Notice Matthew's smile pretty much doesn't change in any picture. Cheeze Wiz ought to be his nickname.

Daddy and the little friends. Happy Easter!

Me and my BEAUTIFUL babies (minus my sweet little Thomas).

Poor Thomas slept through just about the entire Easter Sunday (or at least the picture taking part). This is the best "group shot" I could come up with. It is most definitely not hitting Katie's spot. It is most definitely hitting the boys spots though. Teasing Katie? Oh happy day (mostly for Matthew)
My pretty pretty princess in her Easter dress.

I'm pretty sure there are not two more handsome boys out there.

What is the Easter season without Bass Pro. This store is heaven to my little boys (and my big boy Steve).

This is how Katie felt about the whole Bass Pro experience.

Look out Miami Vice (how did this sweet background happen? I don't know but I have one word for this picture...AWESOME!)

BLISS! This is the special Bass Pro Easter bunny and I am pretty sure Matthew could not have been any more excited if Santa himself had walked in just then.

I was waiting to get a friend with more talent (way more) to give Thomas his first haircut, but one day I just couldn't take it anymore and chop chop I went. I have to say I did a mighty fine job. (Just an FYI, Matthew is the photographer in this picture and he did a mighty fine job as well).

I must say that this is a pretty goodly amount of hair for a 3 1/2 month old.

Thomas's first big boy food. He did great!

While we were in Utah for conference this is the best I could come up with taking a picture of my kids when we attempted (and attempted being the key word) to get a picture of all the Soter grandkids. Poor Katie woke up sick the morning we got there and stayed sick until we went home. No fun!

We decided to take a picture of all the babies. This was as good as it was going to get. So cute though. I love it!
That is one handsome, happy little man in his chubby nakedness.

CHEEZE!
and CHEEZIER!

I was feeling plucky one day and decided to straighten Katie's hair. Man that girl has got it goin' on with her hair (and everything else). She has more body and bounce in one section of hair than I have on my whole head!
It's my party...
And I'll cry if I want to!!! Katie was having a rough go for a section of her party. I think it was some serious overload. Notice Matthew with his ears plugged. What a sensitive guy (I can't say that I blame him though. That girls got some lungs). Happy 2-yr old birthday to my sweet baby girl!

Katie and Daddy on her sweet 2 birthday.

This picture is hilarious because OOH is this girl mad at me. I put her in timeout for one of the first times. The good news is that she stayed put until I told her to come out 60 seconds later. Way to be super mom and take a picture of her at such a brutal time. Who could help it?

Thomas's super cool new toy! He has grown quite a bit since this posting and I find him often surprising himself with some good bouncing. Everytime he gets going he first gets a look of shock and then when he catches on to the great time he's having it's a look of glee! As you can see this toy was money well spent. He loves it! (gotta love Craigslist!)

Thomas's other new-found toy (and score! A permanent attraction)! This is my very favorite of all baby toys!! (his feet of course!)
This little man just lights up everything when he smiles. Ooh I just love him so much!

My poor Katie got so sick again. It seemed that for 4 months we probably should have just quarentined ourselved. My gosh was it possible to get sick anymore than we did. Poor sweet sis

9 comments:

Brittanie said...

Wowza!! When you do a post, you do a POST!! I loved every second of reading! Your kiddos are all so precious to me. I love you! I miss you!

Beth Ann said...

It is killing me how CUTE your kids are! Katie is making me want a little girl so bad! Glad to see you guys had a great month, (except for all the sickness)

We sure miss you guys!

Andrea said...

That was SOME post! Geez Mandi, how am I supposed to do justice with my comment on all of those mighty fine pictures? Now I have to just be simple, and say that yes, your kids with the beauty contests. :) They are beautiful! Boy do I miss you...by the way...is there any chance you'll be in Idaho mid-May through June? I'll be there with the girls, and I guess I'm jsut wishfully hoping you'll be there at some point too...I know it's a LONG shot...but...yeah. I can dream, right?

Erica Hanks said...

I can't decide which ones I like the best! Pouty Katie is pretty cute!!

Kisha Atkin said...

I loved all the pictures!! What a good lookin' group of kiddos you have runnin' around your place! Mr. Thomas has such a sweet smile. And Bass Pro shop is one of the best places on earth, I must say. We have spent a few evenings there and loved every second of it. Glad you are all healthy and happy and hope to hear from you again soon my long lost friend :)

Amy said...

Yea! I'm so glad for a new post and all the updates. Your kiddos are so darling. Nicholas looks so much older! I love all of Katie's hair and I love the pics of Thomas. He's getting big.

We all were sick recently too with some crazy flu bug. Poor Dallin's been sick three times in six weeks since moving here. It's the worst. I hope all are well now at your house.

Darce said...

That was so fun to see! I didn't even realize you'd had your baby--he's a cutie! i love the way you write, too--all your fun words make me smile! sure miss you guys, but it looks like you're all doin' well!

Brittney Smith said...

Love all the updates!! Thomas has the best smile, and I love Katie's straight do. Very cute!! Thanks again for taking Jersi today and letting Denim have a sleep over!

sara,mike,rhett,and gage said...

You have such a pretty family! I can't believe how much your little girl looks like you. And the two older boys could be twins! Looks like things are going well!